NOTE FROM SSS
It is with a heavy heart that we share the sad news of the passing of Arthur Stamm, husband of Grover, Marilyn Skony Stamm.
Arthur passed away November 30th, 2016 at home with his loving wife Marilyn at his side. Beloved father of Philip (Candi), Jeffrey (Lorna) and Robbie Olivo (Frank). Proud grandfather of Bessie, Wilson, Auston, Jarrett and Fallon. For the last 30 years his wife Marilyn has been at his side. They have shared life together in all ways, as husband and wife, business partners, best friends and soulmates. Theirs was a very special relationship.
A celebration of his life will take place at 12 noon on Sunday, December 11, 2016 at The Riverside. 76 Street and Amsterdam Avenue New York, NY.
Donations in the name of Arthur Stamm can be made to:
Columbia University Medical Center, Office of Development
Attn: Natasha McCabe
100 Haven Avenue, Suite 29D
New York, NY 10023
Made out to: Trustee of Columbia University.
Memo line: Joseph Jurcic/Leukemia Research.
Condolence messages can be sent to: Marilyn Skony Stamm
P.O. Box 1929 Fort Lee, NJ 07024
We send our deepest sympathies to Marilyn and her family.
SANTA FE MINI RETREAT
TEN REASONS TO JOIN YOUR SISTER GROVERS IN THE LAND OF ENCHANTMENT AND THE CITY DIFFERENT:
SANTA FE, NEW MEXICO SEPTEMBER 14-16, 2017
10) Learn why Santa Fe is called “the city different” and how the diversity of this community, culture and our creative thinking is a model for our future. Programs include experts from the world renowned Santa Fe Institute, archeologists at the School for American Research, innovators in technology & design, world class artists and brilliant cultural historians.
9) Explore the mysteries and histories of the Native American and Hispanic cultures and their influence on art and culture in America. Offerings include visits to the archives at the Georgia O’Keeffe Museum, her home and studio in Abiquiu, potters at the Santa Clara Puebla, meeting George R.R. Martin (author of Game of Thrones) and visit his groundbreaking Meow Wolf Art Installation.
8) Come early and stay longer for trips to the ruins of Chaco Canyon (an ancient Native ceremonial center and Unesco World Heritage Sites), Taos Pueblo and museums, the sacred Santuario de Chimayo, the cliff dwellings at Bandilier, and time for hiking and discussions with locals.
7) Enjoy the cuisine of the Southwest, a unique fusion of recipes and flavors from Spanish Colonial Settlers, Cowboys, Native Americans and Mexicans.
6) Dance under the stars to John Kurzweig’s band (former lead guitar for Creed and album producer) on Friday night at Cathy Allen’s beautiful home.
5) Share table topics and experience field trips with fellow Grovers and local experts in the areas of spirituality, art, science, ecosystems, creative writing and tech transfer from the National Labs.
4) Stay in culturally interesting and historic digs at the gracious and famous La Fonda Hotel, a Fred Harvey Chain and landmark. Newly renovated, it was recently recognized as one of the Best Historic Hotels in the country.
3) “Shop til you drop” at the specially curated private Pop Up Shops at our opening party with some of the best local artists as well as and beautiful arts and crafts from the International Folk Art Market. In addition, there is great shopping right out the door of the hotel, at Museums, and art centers like Canyon Road and the Railyard District.
2) Visit world class museums for every interest…including history, art, folk art, Native American art, Spanish Colonial art, and the new Botanical Garden on Museum Hill.
1) Relax at the world famous Ten Thousand Waves Spa and enjoy special treatments on Saturday afternoon with your Grover, TARA, and NYOMI old and new friends (Trust us, you don’t want to miss this!)
Rooms are filling up fast!
CUBA RETREAT UPDATES
Update on Cuba
Due to aging parents and the usual unforeseen circumstances, we have a few openings for the Cuba Retreat. This is your last chance! Please email Leslie Dube AS SOON AS POSSIBLE if you are interested.
Here are a few updates to share:
Due to an unforeseen conflict, our Cuba Committee Co-Chair Maureen Strahan has had to cancel her travel to Cuba. However she will stay involved with the planning team leading up to the event. Jill Kanin-Lovers has graciously agreed to step into this role in Maureen’s stead and will work with Marilu and Maureen to finalize the program, which is shaping up to be fascinating and relevant.
January 26 Pre-Event
We hope that you will join us in Miami on the morning of January 26th before we depart for Cuba for a Conversation With Alexandra Villoch, President and Publisher of Miami Herald Media Co.
This session will take place on Thursday, January 26th at 8:30am at the Hilton Miami Airport. Breakfast will be provided, after which, a shuttle will transport our group to the airport hangar.
Please click here to register for this special session. Spouses are also invited to attend this session, we encourage you to invite and register your spouse as well.
If you are flying in on the night of the 25th, we have secured a room block at the Hilton Miami Airport. Please click here to book your room. Rooms are limited, so please get your reservations in for both the hotel and special session as soon as possible.
If you are planning on driving to Miami, the Hilton Miami Airport also offers discounted long term parking. To book your long term parking, click here.
If you have any ideas for table topics, or if you would like to host a table topic, please email Leslie Dube at email@example.com
Cocktail Party Hosted by Pamela O’Rourke!
Pamela O’Rourke and Icon Consultants has generously offered to sponsor the final night Cocktail Party on January 29. We have the perfect upscale venue for this private dinner in the heart of Havana, El Cocinero.
A New York loft-style lounge with a rooftop terrace, El Cocinero sits in what used to be a cooking oil factory but is now a chic venue for Havana’s trendy crowds. The towering chimney still evokes the building’s industrial past, but the food and the atmosphere are all about modern sophistication, from the melt-in-the-mouth duck confit and blinis to the delectable seafood options. After dinner, order one of the expertly prepared cocktails, sit back on the terrace and enjoy the sprawling views of the city in front of you. With the newly opened Fabrica de Arte Cubano next door, El Cocinero is the ultimate place to end an unforgettable Retreat in Cuba.
2017 FACE BOOK
Face Book Deadline!
This is your FINAL chance to submit your Face Book bio!
We are still missing a number of bios. If you have any changes that need to be made, or have a new bio, please submit your updated Facebook bio to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have not submitted an updated bio, we will use last year’s version.
UPDATE YOUR PROFILE
Haven’t updated your profile on the website yet? Not sure what to do?
Watch this short video for step-by-step instructions. (NOTE: To make the video larger – click the small “4 arrows” icon at the bottom right of the video – to the right of the HD.)
HOW TO EDIT YOUR PROFILE
“Never go on trips with anyone you do not love.”